Show username field in form

Jump to solution
06-25-2021 06:37 AM
Danilof
New Contributor II

Hello!

I want to show the field username in my form.

I'm trying to have some workarround to the BUG-000113164. (username don't refresh if the survey was opened from a draw).

If the users can see the field they will be able to update it, preventing the null values.

I'm facing the same situation from this post, so I cant just use the field created_user (we have the form in AGOL but we are storing the data in ArcGIS Server via a feature service with stored credentials).

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey123-username-field-is-lt-null-gt/td-p...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. There is no easy solution to this because it is not possible at this moment to instruct Survey123 to always execute a calculation such as pulldata("@property","username") when the form loads. The username question type does not do the trick either because it will not override an existing value.

If you wanted to store the logged-in username editor tracking would the best option. If at all possible, I would try to eliminate the proxy with embedded credentials.

As a workaround, you could use Power Automate or Integromat to process data submitted from Survey123 and automatically insert the logged-in user name in an attribute of your layer. The Survey123 payload carries an object caller userInfo which includes the username, email and friendly name of the person logged-in to the app. You can use this information to make an HTTP request of your layer to update an attribute.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. There is no easy solution to this because it is not possible at this moment to instruct Survey123 to always execute a calculation such as pulldata("@property","username") when the form loads. The username question type does not do the trick either because it will not override an existing value.

If you wanted to store the logged-in username editor tracking would the best option. If at all possible, I would try to eliminate the proxy with embedded credentials.

As a workaround, you could use Power Automate or Integromat to process data submitted from Survey123 and automatically insert the logged-in user name in an attribute of your layer. The Survey123 payload carries an object caller userInfo which includes the username, email and friendly name of the person logged-in to the app. You can use this information to make an HTTP request of your layer to update an attribute.

0 Kudos
Danilof
New Contributor II

OK, ty! I will try Power Automate or Integromat.

0 Kudos