Sharing

05-24-2018 01:35 PM
RobertPotter1
New Contributor

I have a created a Survey in Survey123 for ArcGIS and I setup the Survey so that submitters in one of my groups has the ability to submit data to this survey.

The group is able to download the Survey to their local device and are able to collect the data but when they upload the data I am not able to see what they have done.

I am the only one that has the ability to Collect and upload the data to the Survey.

Any suggestion on what would causing others to not be able to share what they have collected.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Where/how did you modify the sharing permissions for the survey and related feature service? Did you use the Survey123 website and Collaborate tab? Or make the changes only in AGOL?

Phil.

0 Kudos
RobertPotter1
New Contributor

Hi Phil,

I did do the share permissions in Survery123 under the Collaborate tab.

Is there something else that needs to be set in AGOL?  They are all part of the group that is associated with this project.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

No, you shouldn't need to apply share permissions in AGOL as well, setting the permissions on Collaborate tab applies them to AGOL. Are you able to take screenshots of the sharing permissions settings in both Survey123 website and AGOL for both the survey form item and feature service?

Just to clarify, all users in the group can see and download the survey, however when they submit (it is successful?) but you can not see their data on the Survey123 website, what about in AGOL webmap? Is their data being successfully submitted and verified as existing in the feature service?

The issue could be the settings that have been applied and set on the feature layer in AGOL via the settings tab, some of these settings allow only editors to see their own features...

0 Kudos