Set hint text using URL parameters

Jump to solution
11-03-2023 02:12 PM
JohnNergeBrooklynPark
Occasional Contributor II

I'm playing around with URL parameters to customize some text in my survey (built in Web Designer). It's working great using a Note, but I'm wondering if it's possible to use URL parameters to dynamically set hint text for questions?

The specific use case is for people renting a park building. When they click on a link from my web map pop-up, it'll direct them to survey with the park already selected (eventually I'll hide the single choice question so they can't change it). I can write the note text just fine using URL parameters plus some html/css formatting. But it'd be nice if I could put that text as the hint for a single choice question so that the details I want them to review and the button they need to click to confirm are right next to each other, vs. needing the extra question heading.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. @JohnNergeBrooklynPark Lucky you! It works! See below.

JohnNergeBrooklynPark
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for this, @IsmaelChivite, what a clever way to do it! Following your instructions, I added a single text field, called parkdetails, hid it and set it to not submit an answer. Below is the URL I was then able to use, included an image to show the results. I'm generating the link in a web map, so it can also plug in attribute field values so the details will be custom to the park building the person opens the rental form for.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/<surveyID>?field:parkdetails=<div style="font-size:1.25em;font-style:italic">Please review your rental details</div><br/>Capacity: {CapacityField} guests<br/>Resident | Non-resident fee: ${ResFeeField} | ${NonResFeeField}

Thank you again so much, this is EXACTLY what I needed!