Set BarCode type by default

Jump to solution
04-18-2020 03:15 PM
GeoMapps
New Contributor III

There is a barcode format, for example PDF 417, which I would like when the survey started, this format would be the default format to scan without the user having to select it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Marco Amaya‌. It is not possible to control which barcode format will be used by default. Users need to select the format first. The user preference will be remembered by the app.  If you feel strongly about this please submit an enhancement request to Esri Technical Support and create a new GeoNet Idea. It seems reasonable that the owner of a survey could set the default barcode format for a barcode question.   May be through the bind::esri:style column in XLSForm.

GeoMapps
New Contributor III

Gracias Ismael por la respuesta,  me parece bien que el fieldworker tenga la opcion de cambiar estandard del código de barra que quiere leer pero en este caso solo será uno tipo de codigo  ( documento de identidad nacional) y la solicitud va por que aveces  el personal esta disperso en el todo el territorio y no son muy tecnicos que digamos. 

Thanks Ismael for the answer, it seems good to me that the field worker has the option to change the standard of the barcode that he wants to read but in this case it will only be one type of code (national identity document) and the request is sometimes the staff is dispersed throughout the national territory and they are not very technical and the more details they do not need to know the more they are under control

regards

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This has been implemented in the June 2023 release (3.18)

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/barcodes.htm 

0 Kudos