Separate compact appearance for group and repeat

01-03-2020 01:22 AM
Ha_AnhNguyen
New Contributor

Hello,

I have noticed that when I nest a repeat within a group (as shown below) and set the group's appearance to 'compact', the repeat will also appear as compact. Is there a way to fix this since I want my repeat to appear expanded inside the group?

appearance
begin group   [compact]
select_oneQuestion 1
begin repeat
select_oneQuestion 2  [minimal]
end repeat
end group
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ha,

With the form you describe above, the group (which contains the repeat) is set to compact, meaning that all questions/groups/repeats within the group will be inside a 'collapsed' group when the form opens.  When you open/expand the group, the repeat itself should not be collapsed (you should immediately see all of the questions within the repeat).  If you want the repeat to display when the form opens, then it should not be in a group with the compact appearance.

0 Kudos
Ha_AnhNguyen
New Contributor

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply. However, this is how it was displayed when I open the survey 

I do find it strange as when I checked again, there are other parts where I created repeat within a 'collapsed' group but the repeat is not collapsed. I have attached my xlsform (for the questions in the image) below for more details. Would you be able to help me take a look at it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ha,

You are not seeing any questions in the repeat because all of the questions are not relevant (not displayed when the form loads).  Selecting 'yes' to question B1 will cause the questions inside the repeat to display.  You may want to consider making the repeat relevant to B1 as opposed to the individual questions.

0 Kudos