Send Error Code 403

Jump to solution
03-17-2016 09:15 AM
LorettaWinton
New Contributor II

Hello, I am getting  Send Error Code 403 upon trying to upload about 300 surveys. I thought it was just a poor connection, but now I am on very good WiFi and I get the same error. My survey was working perfectly before, then my Survey123 app automatically updated. I hadn't uploaded data yet and all that data was lost (which made me really unhappy). So the next days surveys are these that will not upload.  Any idea how to get them to upload? Also, any idea why the autoupdate deleted my data?

Thanks,

Lori

error.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

This error is caused when you are attempting to upload your results when logged in as a user that does not have permission to update the feature service.

Please check that you are logged in as the correct user and check the permissions for your feature service in ArcGIS Online.

Thanks,

Hannah

View solution in original post

19 Replies
HannahFerrier

This error is caused when you are attempting to upload your results when logged in as a user that does not have permission to update the feature service.

Please check that you are logged in as the correct user and check the permissions for your feature service in ArcGIS Online.

Thanks,

Hannah

LorettaWinton
New Contributor II

Thanks Hannah, That worked a treat!

0 Kudos
LorettaWinton
New Contributor II

So on the iPad in question I had to logout the worker that took that data and log back in as myself (I published the service). Then I was able to get the data to upload. But how can I ensure that workers can all upload the data they took without bringing their devices back to me? We also use the Collector app, and this user doesn't have any problems submitting data he took through that.

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

You should be able to share your surveys with other named users, your organization or groups in ArcGIS Online. Make sure your users have permission to update your feature service and you should be all good.

- Hannah

CarlHolt1

I am having the same issue. I shared the feature layer with the group, signed out and back in on Survey123 App, but I still cannot send the surveys.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Carl. Try the following:

1-Login to survey123.arcgis.com

2-Click on the collaborate tab for your survey and share your survey with a group (or the organization)

3-Go back to the app, login with a user belonging to the group in step 2 and submit

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

Ismael Chivite‌ I have made those changes and followed the steps. Now I get a Send Error code 400.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Carl. Then it is time to open an Esri Technical Support incident so we can look at your data and survey more closely. The Tech Support analyst will need to have access to your XLSForm as well as to the data in your device (sqllite and attachments folder).  Noah Sager

There is a chance that the data in your device was captured with a version of the survey that is older than the version of the survey currently in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

I will do that, but to add another layer, I have no issues when sending the surveys logged in as myself (admin). I was able to send a newly created survey (logged in as me) and the saved survey as the user.

0 Kudos