Send Error 403

03-21-2018 01:44 PM
ChristinaLindsay1
New Contributor II

Members of a group cannot submit surveys through the app with Iphone.  I'm the owner of the group and I can submit fine, but the members cannot.  The members also tried to logout and login (found this suggestion from another questions asked on this community), but that didn't work either.  We don't have administration rights so we cannot check to see what admin has set up.  The members are also part of this organization as well.

This is the message they receive:

Send Error

This survey was not able to be sent due to the following error:

Code 403

You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation.

Do you want to edit this survey?

Yes  No

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristinaLindsay1
New Contributor II

Never mind.  We were able to solve it.  We went to Survey123's website and went to the survey and chose "Collaborate".  Then checked "Following Groups" and selected the particular group that we needed.  Not sure why ArcGIS Online didn't do that by default.

BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christina,

Great that you discovered the solution.

It is always advisable to share your survey using the 'Collaborate' feature in the survey123.arcgis.com website.  This ensures that both, the form, and the participating feature layers are shared out appropriately.  It sounds like the sharing attempt had taken place within your ArcGIS Online Organization, and all layers involved were not properly shared to the Group.

Although you already found the answer yourself, here is documentation for future sharing workflows.

Share survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
BrandonKrejckant
New Contributor II

Hi Christina. Thank you for explaining how you fixed your issue because mine was similar. I was not the author of the survey but a portal admin, a vendor could not use a survey; the survey on portal said shared with organization, i already added him to the organization. But following your findings, i went to the authors manager site for survey and saw the back end it was not shared with the organization but only select groups in collaboration tab. I then added this vendor to the group on portal and they could submit successfully. Thank you!

0 Kudos