Selecting feature details using Survey123

11-13-2020 02:35 AM
BenWalker1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I think the answer is no, but I will ask anyway:)

I have a use case that is perfect for Survey123, lots of lovely form data to fill in. However, the application we are trying to replace also allows the user to select a feature on a map, and then fill in fields in the form from the feature. e,g, select a pipe and put its material into a form field.

I can think of a way of doing this by first selecting the feature in collector and then hyperlinking to survey123 with the details in the URL. But I would love to do this all in one app if I can.

any ideas?

Tags (2)
5 Replies
Alena
by
New Contributor III

Have you taken a look at Field Maps? 

0 Kudos
BenWalker1
New Contributor III

yes, but it does not give as good a user experience as Survey123 when it comes to data entry.

0 Kudos
Alena
by
New Contributor III

Yes, but I'm hoping it will be! It was better the last time I checked it out verses the first time. 

0 Kudos
BenWalker1
New Contributor III

We have a few other requirements that I think lead us away from field maps. Whichever application we use, it will be opened via a URL from another application. For example, a work order number will be a parameter on the query string. I need the work order and some attributes from a selected feature to be saved on an inspection object. As far as I am aware we cannot use the parameters on the query string as a global variable that can then be put into any field on any feature.

If it does then that would be amazing. Perhaps we need to get hold of documentation.

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Enable the Inbox on your survey.   Then, if you browse to your inbox and refresh it - you'll see all the features listed.  You can then view them on the map and select a particular one and begin a survey on it.   If you want to narrow down what you can see on the map, the inbox will allow you to define a query expression.

This video should help:

https://www.esri.com/videos/watch?videoid=aGTPIzTtbSk&title=survey123-for-arcgis-editing-existing-da...