Select one from external choice list csv

Jump to solution
05-09-2021 06:39 PM
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to set up a select_one_from_file but it isnt showing up as it should.

XLSform field setup, appearance = autocomplete. The field is inside a repeat.

JulietK_0-1620609692672.png

CSV choice list, which is in the media folder

JulietK_1-1620609724976.png

And on my Survey123 Connect (editor app), the field label shows up, but the select one list dropdown doesn't show the arrow button for dropdown.

JulietK_3-1620610535745.png

However, this field on the web form works perfectly. 

JulietK_4-1620610593742.png

I'm needing to ensure that the survey will function properly in the field app too, not just in the web form - how do I fix this issue? Is this a bug?

I've been having a similar issue with using select() for choice filters as well, where it doesn't work in the field app (same as above, dropdown button not showing up) but works in the web form.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JulietK 

That's strange! A couple of things to double-check to help with troubleshooting:

• Which version of Connect and the field app are you using?
  • Was the content in the CSV saved before you updated the form preview in Connect?

Best, Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JulietK 

That's strange! A couple of things to double-check to help with troubleshooting:

• Which version of Connect and the field app are you using?
  • Was the content in the CSV saved before you updated the form preview in Connect?

Best, Jim

0 Kudos
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply! Turns out my Survey123 connect app is not up to date, even though the xlsforms show version 3.12! Double checking a published test survey it seems it works fine on the latest version of the field app.. I just need to request an update to my Connect with my organisation. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JulietK  good to hear it's working as expected in the field app. Just a note about the templates - the Advanced and Standard templates available in Connect are updated at each release (as indicated on the Version sheet). When creating a new survey from a template you will always get the latest version of the template, regardless of which version of Connect you're using.