Select to view content in your preferred language

Select Multiple calculation not working if two things are selected

07-19-2024 04:59 AM
sophered
New Contributor III

Hello! I'm currently having an issue where I would like a text field to populate based off of answers in a select multiple question. The issue is that when two choices are selected, it seems to negate the calculation and nothing will then show up in the field.

if((${selectmultiple list} = 'choice'), 'input message in field', ' ') + if((${same select multiple list as befor} = 'different choice'), 'Print different message in the field. but in addition to other message if both are selected', ' ')

Here is an example! of one of my calculations 

Tags (2)
1 Reply
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Select multiple questions are stored as a comma separated list (option1,option2,option3) so when you do question = optiona then it is only true when only that option is selected. If you want to check to see if a specific choice was selected you have to use the selected() function.

selected(${question_one}, 'optiona')

if(selected(${question_one}, 'optiona') and selected(${question_one}, 'optionb'), 'Some message that works when both are selected', if(selected(${question_one}, 'optiona'), 'Some message for only 1 option selected', 'Message for neither selected'))

- Jen