Select to view content in your preferred language

S123 - Nested repeat calculation/relevant function not working BUG

03-20-2024 05:23 AM
KenBouchard
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've found a BUG with the use of a nested repeat on the browser version of S123. (It work on the app...)

All the functions (relevant, visible, calculation) don't work on the 1st nested repeat of the 2nd and subsequent repeats.  

I've included the XLSX form to this post.  I've stripped it to the bare minimum to show you the behavior.  The complete survey is huge with 10 pages intended for public data collection. (Using the app with them is not an option)

1. The first layer gets the tombstone info of the grower and many info about the farm operation.
  2. The first repeat gets location and info of all their fields.
  3. The nested repeat gets info, in a table, about the seeds planted in each field. Many field get multiple seed source.

95% of our seed numbers needs to be in a very specific format.  But I can't enforce it on that 1st nested repeat (of the 2nd +  fields)...

This BUG is causing me much trouble, any possibility it will be fixed in a near future?

I've tried finding a workaround but can't seem to come up with anything that won't make the form more confusing that it already is.  Help anyone?

Thanks everyone!

Ken

@IsmaelChivite 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you tried removing the null bind on the seed_source field?  Not sure why you would not want to store it anyway.  

Also are these new records or edits?

Note: Nested repeats are not supported in the Survey123 web app when you update a record. You can use nested repeats to collect new records, but not to update them. The Survey123 field app supports nested repeats for new and updating records.

From https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-repeats/ba-p/89804... 

I also see in two spots you do not close the i tag.  Not sure but I know web is picky on html.  Also on line 3 you close the strong style tag but do not on line 5.  I also thought it is just strong and you only add style to add a color and such.

Hopefully it is one of those

0 Kudos
KenBouchard
Occasional Contributor

Hi Doug, thanks for looking into this.

I've updated the XLSX without the <> html tags, still behaving the same...

I've removed the null bind on the seed source field, still behaving the same...

They are all new records.

Would there be a way to make the format (inputMask) conditional based on the seed source (Canada vs Imported)? (This is what I was trying to do with relevant questions)

Ken

0 Kudos