Retrieving Survey123 data from device with SQLite file

07-12-2022 04:22 AM
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I am trying to retrieve Survey123 records from an android device. The submission failed due to the Survey being accidentally deleted from the organisation site.

I believe I used the process involving DB Browser and the SQLite file recovered from the device, as described this troubleshoot article

The issue in these steps guide you to recover the data from SQLite file in order to submit them again via the Survey123 field app. This is not working in my situation, due to the Survey123 Feature Layer/Form being accidentally deleted in AGOL. What I'm trying to achieve is using the SQLite file to create a csv or an xls file that presents the records as if they have been exported directly from the Survey123 website.

With DB Browser, I have been able to export the table 'Surveys' from the SQLite file to CSV, however, the interesting stuff from the survey is all under the field/column 'Data', making the CSV not unusable for what I need.

I have also looked into the python script shared via GitHub, (is this by @JamesTedrick?) with no success - perhaps I'm not inspired, perhaps it's not intended for what I'm trying to achieve. 

Is this something anyone has experienced, or is able to help? Sorry if my description is short or lacking - I'm happy to elaborate further if needed!

Thanks everyone

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Anyone from ESRI who can help, please?

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hello @JamesTedrick @ZacharySutherby @Ruth_JiatengXu  sorry for tagging you all on this reply but I have had no answer yet and you have commented and helped with some Survey123 related posts before.

If this question is reduntant/already answered could you point me in the right direction please?

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RafaeldePedro ,

Given the description of your problem, the ReadS123DB python script would be the most appropriate solution to export your data into a CSV.  Based on your description, it's hard to know what issue you had in attempting to run the python script.

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Thank you James, I will give this another go - I know, my description was vague in regards to trying the script, but it was just one of the various ways I tried to extract the data. If you think the script is the best way to go, I will have another go at it and let you know in more detail what problems I may have.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos