Report Template UNKNOWN ERROR Unable to perform query

11-22-2022 06:07 AM
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

Hi! I want to add a new report template to create inspection reports; however, every time I upload a file and it checks the syntax I get this message, "Error: An error occurred when querying data from the feature layer. 400: UNKNOWN_ERROR Unable to perform query. Please check your parameters." The survey form was originally published by someone else in my organization, but I have since changed ownership of all layers and survey files to me. I republished the survey, changed the file name of the .docx template, verified the survey and form are pointing to the same data source, everything I could think of that basically "resets" the survey form. I also tried uploading the general sample template Survey123 automatically generates and I still receive this same error, which makes me think it isn't a syntax/parameter issue but a Survey123 issue. 

This is not the first template I have uploaded for this form. The previous owner uploaded a template back in August, which works, but we need to update it with our new template (which I also tried - in the Manage Templates pane, I clicked Update Template for the template that works and replaced with the new .docx but still got the same error message).

Has anyone seen this error or any issues like this recently? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @KristinThorpe1

Based on the error it looks like you may not have access to query the feature service. If the survey was published from the Survey123 web designer please ensure that all layers associated with the survey are owned by you specifically the parent feature service. 

If the survey was published from Survey123 Connect ensure the feature service the survey is pointing to is owned by your user account. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ZacharySutherby !

The survey was published from Survey123 Connect. I just checked the feature service the survey points to is owned by me, as well as the Results view layer, form, and Word docs that are currently used as templates. Is there somewhere else I should look for the owner? I was just checking in the Item Details page.

If I remember correctly, the feature service was published by me in Pro and the survey was originally published by the other user.  I changed ownership of everything to me yesterday and even republished the survey from my own account. As far as I can see, I own everything. Could it be there is a layer in that other user's account, not shared with the organization, but is attached to the survey some way?

Could it have something to do with what folder everything is saved to in my Content? When changing owners I moved everything to the Survey folder that is created when a new survey is publish.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
IanGallo
Occasional Contributor

I am having this same issue. Did you find a resolution? 

0 Kudos
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

No. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the recent update to AGOL. Not sure if that would impact Survey123?

0 Kudos