Select to view content in your preferred language

Repeat Always Creating Record

Jump to solution
01-03-2018 08:16 AM
ShawnRoberts1
Occasional Contributor

I'm just experiencing a weird issue that hasn't occurred in the past. Normally, for a repeat a record would only be created in some data was actually entered into the repeat( or an image added). However recently I've experienced an issue with any new surveys that no matter what a record will be created in a  repeat, no matter is it is completely blank or no image has been attached ect. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

I created a really simple survey to test with two lines and this still seems the be happening. The main table (0 index) will be created as expected, then no matter if there is no image or not a record will be created in the related table. 

This is causing alot of headaches as I run scripts/workflows against the survey results and it keeps returning blank records (or in this case records with no attachments).

Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Shawn

0 Kudos
32 Replies
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

I'm afraid not. I worked with Esri support on this a couple months ago, and never got it resolved. They have submitted it as an "enhancement" request.

0 Kudos
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

@PaulPetersen1  was the enhancement request specifically when working with nested repeats? I have a form that doesn't automatically create a related record unless you select the "+" button for a single repeat with a count calculation and reference to parent fields when set to "minimal" (expected behavior I want). However, I have a nested repeat later in the form with the same calculation and references that always creates a record even when set to minimal. I removed the calculation and it still did this, so I assume it's because it's a nested repeat that references parent fields.

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

@JoeBryant1 , it's been a while since I looked at it, but the example I can think of appears to be from a nested repeat.

0 Kudos