Removing HTML tags from data?

Jump to solution
07-06-2022 07:12 AM
DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I'm working on a survey within Survey123 Connect that contains a Select_one type question. Within that question are 4 options and each option is color coded (image below). I specified the font color for each selection in the Label field in the Choices tab in the excel sheet. When I view the data within AGO it displays the HTML tags for font color. How can I achieve different font colors without the tags following through to the end data? 

XLS setup:

DaveK_0-1657116627895.png

Survey dropdown:

DaveK_1-1657116655555.png

AGO result: 

DaveK_2-1657116719813.png

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From your screenshots, I would guess that you had the option enabled to convert your select_one choices into a domain?

On the Data page, click into the Fields view and select the Report Type field and then click Edit in the domain section.

jcarlson_0-1657117146981.png

From there, you should be able to adjust the display of these domains. The actual values shouldn't have changed, though, so this is basically a cosmetic problem, and your data won't need adjusting.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From your screenshots, I would guess that you had the option enabled to convert your select_one choices into a domain?

On the Data page, click into the Fields view and select the Report Type field and then click Edit in the domain section.

jcarlson_0-1657117146981.png

From there, you should be able to adjust the display of these domains. The actual values shouldn't have changed, though, so this is basically a cosmetic problem, and your data won't need adjusting.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

That worked perfectly. Thank you!

0 Kudos