Select to view content in your preferred language

Reconnecting an old feature layer (feature service?) to an existing published survey in connect

10-18-2023 08:52 AM
GregSchneider1
Emerging Contributor

Greetings, 

Recently I had a problem with a published survey123 connect form. This survey is accessible by two accounts in my organization. The data in the feature service was deleted when the form was updated incorrectly but one of the accounts that can access the survey shows the data in the feature service still. I am assuming the reason I can see the old data on one account is because it was not the account used in survey123 connect desktop editor when the data was deleted. My question is if it is possible to reconnect the old layer which I can still see under one account (figure 1) with the live form (figure 2) that has been still receiving data and was appended to include the old data*. 

*link to a second post I made for context on why the appended data is still somewhat of a problem: Re: How to make fields added in a feature service ... - Esri Community

Figure 1

GregSchneider1_0-1697644190459.png

Figure 2

GregSchneider1_1-1697644234624.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Using Survey123 Connect, you can make a survey target a feature layer of your choice. Check out this help topic: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/survey123withexistingfeatureservices.htm specifically, the Author a survey that matches a feature layer section describing how to use the submission_url and form_id XLSForm settings.

0 Kudos