Select to view content in your preferred language

Read Only expression with Numbers appearance

01-08-2024 08:06 AM
DouglasKnabe
New Contributor III

I saw this question posted from a few years back, and it sounded like the issue was being resolved, but I'm having this issue described back then.

I have a set of repeat questions, and am using an expression (using an Index calculation and a max(index) calculation to verify if it's the last record. Anything except the last record is set to read only to prevent editing after moving to the next record. The field in question has a combination spinner/numbers appearance. The expression removes the spinner appearance, but not the numbers appearance, and it is not read-only.

This seems to be restricted to the combination of the numbers appearance/read only expression, as if I remove the numbers appearance, it works as intended. If I only have it set to the numbers appearance, it does not work. It works fine if I have it set to only the spinner.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

May just be an odd interaction between the multiple appearances.

Have you considered hiding that one field entirely and replacing it with a simpler read only integer field? This would have the outcome you are looking for I believe.

0 Kudos
DouglasKnabe
New Contributor III

It's not an interaction due to multiple appearances, as it doesn't work if the appearance is only set to "numbers" either, but it works fine if it's set to only "spinner".

I did try adjusting the visibility after entry and moving on to the next record, but it doesn't seem to allow me to do that after data has been entered using either the visible or relevant column.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Could you include your XLSX so I can see what is going on?

0 Kudos
DouglasKnabe
New Contributor III

I have no idea how, but as I was working on simplifying my xlsx down to just the relevant section and putting it back how it was when the issue started...it suddenly works. I must have had something misaligned somewhere. Blind hog finds an acorn?