Radio buttons no longer grey out on Read only?

Jump to solution
10-26-2020 02:14 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Before 3.11 when you made a radio choice list read only it went grey.  Now it is not.  It stops the user from picking but does not go gray.  Other fields like integer still seem to work.

Any ideas?

Also note numbers appearance is still letting me change values on read only fields.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

Thanks for reporting this.

We had logged an internal issue to fix this and hopefully to address the read only not grey out issue in the next release.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

Are these questions inside a repeat or nested repeat, and/or have other calculation/relevant/constraint applied to them?

Can you send me a copy of the survey (in its simplest form to reproduce) so I can take a closer look/

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I just tried a test form with just one question - a select_one using yes_no and read only set to yes and no appearance value.  I dug up an old tablet with 3.10 on it and the question was greyed out.  I updated to 3.11 and the question is no longer grayed out - it won't let me change values but it is not grayed at all.  This is confusing the users and it looks the same as a not read only.

So I do not think you need a test form it seems to be every select_one.  Hope that makes sense.

Read only is Yes

Read only is blank - 0 diff

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

Ok thanks, we will take a look and get back to you.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

Thanks for reporting this.

We had logged an internal issue to fix this and hopefully to address the read only not grey out issue in the next release.

Thanks,