"Send Error" database error

01-02-2019 04:25 PM
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Did not see this particular issue in the geonet blogosphere. I am working in Portal. I can create, publish, download to Android mobile device and populate a form, but when I send it I get "Send Error This survey was not able to be sent due to the following error: Database error has occurred." Thinking it might be an issue with our server space, I tried a different form and had no issues. I'm stumped and would appreciate some insight. The spreadsheet is attached. Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay, I only just got a chance to publish your survey and take a closer look. Yes you are correct, the string length set for that field is shorter than then length of the string you are trying to submit via that calculation. When I use the field app and submit to AGO I get the following error which explains the error well:

The error message you reported in the original post appears to be different, and I believe this is because you are using Portal and I tested your survey with AGO, and therefore the error message the server is returning is different. Unfortunately the error message displayed is what comes from the server directly and may differ depending on Portal version and configuration.

Hope this helps and glad you were able to find the problem yourself.

Phil.

0 Kudos
SarahLinn1
New Contributor II

I'm not sure this is the issue but throwing it out there just in case.

Removing the data from its default folder in AGO (ArcGIS Online) can cause issues when republishing.

Survey123 will create a default folder in AGO for each survey created, i.e., Survey-{survey name}

I was moving all associated data into a folder I created in AGO, which included the form, this can't be moved from it's original location.

0 Kudos