Select to view content in your preferred language

"re-upload" excel file to survey?

08-03-2023 04:05 PM
VickiG
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi:

I have data that was collected in an earlier version of my survey, but for reasons not entirely clear to me (meaning I have no idea what I did! ;), the survey feature layer and form were deleted from AGOL.

I do have the data in an Excel file, downloaded from AGOL before the survey feature layer went missing.  I also have the matching version of the survey archived in 123Connect.

Is it possible to republish the archived survey to AGOL and somehow upload the excel file into the feature layer?  The excel file has 11 tabs with the main and "sub-tables" with related records.

I was just wondering if there was some relatively straightforward way of getting this data back on AGOL, like somehow pointing Survey123 Connect to the Excel data file?

If not, it is not to disastrous, eventually all of our data will be funneled into a SQL environment (by smarter people than me!) and they can easily deal with the Excel file.

Thank You

Vicki

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Short answer is "yes, this can be done".

It really depends on the complexity of the survey in question, and the way your data is saved. In some cases, entering the data by hand may be easier.

Start by publishing the old survey, then you can try appending data in AGOL:

abureaux_1-1691162360205.png

abureaux_0-1691162314319.png

You can probably use ArcPro or FME to get the data added as well, but then you may wish to wait until it's in SQL.

0 Kudos
VickiG
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks abureaux...I will play around with the option you detailed for future reference. 

In the end, given the number of relationships, the Excel right into SQL may be the path of least resistance.  At least to those who know what they are doing! 🙂

Appreciate the help!

0 Kudos