Select to view content in your preferred language

Question type

08-24-2022 10:20 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am converting a paper form to electronic and I am trying to figure out the best way to capture this question in Survey123 Connect:

Legal Description: ___ /4, ___ /4, ___ /4, of Section _________, T- ____ - ____, R - ____ - ____, I. M. / C. M.,
____________________________ County

It's one question but capturing 9 fields. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmm, are you able to share the paper form? Sometimes having a bit more context can help with the brainstorming 🙂

What type of information are you populating those 9 fields with? Is there a reason you wouldn't just have 9 separate questions for it?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a "Sanitary Sewer Extensions, Lift Stations, and Force Mains
Engineering Report Form" 

The _/4 spaces will be numbers only. Section will be a number only (1-36 only), T-1N (will be a number with either N or S), R-2E (will be a number with either E or W).

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Ah ok, I see what you mean. I would maybe have a "Legal Description" group/section of the form, and then questions for each part you need to populate the final form with. Having the questions separated makes it much simpler to pull into the report.

For the "Section" question, you could implement a restriction or use a dropdown choice list to only include integers 1-36.

For the T question, you could have a question where they enter the number, and then select "N" or "S" from a choice list. You would then do the same with the R question, but with options "E" or "W".

That would probably be one of the simplest methods. You could also play around with the grid theme if you want to have certain questions next to each other. 

Just some ideas...hope it helps!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek