Pulldata not functional in web link to Survey

09-21-2018 08:25 AM
JasonCarter
New Contributor III

Hello,

I created a survey using Survey123 connect that uses the pull data function to autopopulate information from a CSV file located in the media folder of the survey. 

I would like to share a weblink to the survey to people that are outside of my organization who may not have the Survey123 app. When I load the web link to the survey I receive "Error: Initializing form..." and the autopopulate doesn't work. It works in the app. 

Will the pulldata function not work for a survey shared in a weblink?  

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jason,

Yes, pulldata should work in the web form.  Can you share the survey?

0 Kudos
JasonCarter
New Contributor III

Hi,

Unfortunately the survey is not yet public and only shared within my organization. Do you need the XLS Form or a link to the Survey? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jason,

If you could share the XLS file and a sample of the CSV file (fake data is fine), that should be fine.  You can e-mail me at jtedrick AT Esri.com directly if you do not want this posted in the forum.

0 Kudos
JasonCarter
New Contributor III

Hi, I was hoping to follow up on the questions as I'm still stumped. I attached the xlxs file to the original question. Thank you

0 Kudos
DimitraJunod
New Contributor

I' m experiencing the same issue: did you solve it?

0 Kudos
JasonCarter1
New Contributor III

I found the solution for my problem. In the web you cannot concat with "+", you must use concat(). 

https://esri.jiveon.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/06/08/calculations-on-geopoints?commentID=41026#c... 

ElisabettaMattioli
New Contributor II

Hi James, 

I'm encountering a similar issue, I guess.. I have to support a kind of database creation and update workflow through a series of surveys based on pulldata and external choices: the export of the first survey feed (manually) the pulldata of the second survey and so on...

Well, in the survey app everything seems ok.

In the browser I have two behaviors:

1) by using the normal survey link, the external choices are not appearing 

2) by adding the parameter ?version=3.0 (as I read somewhere in the forum) at the end of the url, I have the external choices but they seem do not trigger the pulldata fields.

as I have a very close deadline for starting using the surveys I'm configuring, I would be really grateful if you can help me addressing this issue or finding any other workaround.

Thank you very much

Elisabetta