Select to view content in your preferred language

Pulldata function with concat works as intended when tested in Survey123 Connect application, but doesn't when I submit a survey via the web

Jump to solution
02-02-2024 11:00 AM
Bec
by
New Contributor III

I am using Survey123 Connect.  I have a field called, council_dist, that I am using a pulldata function on to grab what district the address point falls within in the district polygon layer.  If there is no district it will leave this field blank.  I needed a workaround for my dashboard to be able to filter those blank or null values, so they could see what customers they may be getting that don't live in a district.  I figured if I did a concat to add the word, District, before the value that is pulled via the pulldata function, that this would get me what I needed as a workaround for the null values to be able to filter for them within my dashboard.  It worked within the Survey123 Connect application when I tested it.  If an address didn't intersect with a district, the only value that would populate in the field is, District.  If it did intersect with a district, then it would populate the word, District, and the district number.  For example, District 7.  I republished my survey and then submitted a test survey via the web link, it populated the value as blank when I looked at my table for the survey.  Not sure if there is another workaround for this issue.  Or maybe I need to change something in my calculation.  Or if there is a way to add null/blank values to a dashboard selector, so that I could filter for those that fall out of district.  In the bold text below is my pulldata function.  I've included pictures of what my field looks like within the Survey123 Connect application when I test it against an address that is not in a district.  I've also included pictures of the pop-up from my dashboard, for the same address used to submit a test survey via the web.  And another picture of what my dashboard selector settings look like for the district selector.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

concat("District ", pulldata("@layer", "getValueAt", "attributes.DISTRICT", "https://maps2.columbus.gov/arcgis/rest/services/Schemas/BaseLayers/MapServer/3", ${address_point}))

District.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This has been posted a few times so what will probably fix it is move pulldata to its own field then use that field in your concat.  pulldata does not like to be nested in anything in the web form.

Hope that does it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This has been posted a few times so what will probably fix it is move pulldata to its own field then use that field in your concat.  pulldata does not like to be nested in anything in the web form.

Hope that does it.