Select to view content in your preferred language

Pulldata From Linked csv Not Working

Jump to solution
04-14-2022 07:10 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am having trouble with the Pulldata function when trying to work with a agol hosted csv file.  My goal is to use a Pulldata function to do a lookup on a hosted csv file using the devices "deviceid" to return the users name and possibly additional info in the future.  My formula pulldata('myusers', 'users', 'devices', ${ms_deviceid}) appears correct from what i can tell but it does not return anything. I've attached my test survey and csv file that i'm working with.

PS The reason i'm trying to grab the user name this way instead of using the username field is that not all my users will have a esri login.  This will be a publicly shared survey.

Josh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I believe you have 'users' and 'devices' backwards:

pulldata('myusers', 'devices', 'users', ${ms_deviceid})

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricaLynn
New Contributor II

I was just about to post a very similar question. I have been trying all week with same formula with no success. I'm glad you asked.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I believe you have 'users' and 'devices' backwards:

pulldata('myusers', 'devices', 'users', ${ms_deviceid})
0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Hey thanks that worked!  I thought it didn't at first because it still fails in Survey123 Connect but once i tried it in the field app it worked as expected.

Josh

0 Kudos
RENDANIMUDAU
New Contributor III

Good day.

This is helpful. I am struggling to assign questions based on the user roles or usernames in ArcGIS survey 123 connect. do you perhaps have an example of the XLSforms? maivha2006@gmail.com

0 Kudos