pulldata() and select_one_from_file from linked content CSV in web form

Jump to solution
03-25-2021 09:56 AM
MichaelBrown4
New Contributor III

I'm trying to use a select_one_from_file and pulldata() with a linked content CSV hosted in ArcGIS Enterprise and I'm finding that the web form is not reflecting updates to the CSV file.  Is this functionality possible?  If so, is there a certain way I need to configure this to work?  I am using the latest version of Survey123 (3.12).  I can only get the web form to show the changes when I go to connect and choose to download the linked content CSV and then re-publish the survey.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW   @MichaelBrown4  select_from_file and linked content is now implemented in the web app. Make sure you publish your survey with Survey123 Connect 3.15 or newer. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Mike,

Linked Content CSV is not yet supported in the webapp. We have been working on this and while I can't promise anything, it is looking likely to be supported in the next release (3.13). In the meantime, I will get our documentation updated with a known limitation note. Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention.

Brett

0 Kudos
MichaelBrown4
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info on this.  In the meantime, I should be able to use the Python code I've seen posted to update the Media folder CSV file correct?

Thanks again,

Mike

0 Kudos
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Brett, does this mean that pulldata is not supported at all in web forms? 

Thank you

Juliet

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@MichaelBrown4  Correct on updating CSV media with Python. If you can wait until the next release (May), you could also consider populating your list using a query to a feature layer as shown here: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/article/item.html?cap=e69ef91f45744b98882c651f7b518eb7&arttype...  When working with big lists in the web, select_one_from_file may not be the best option as it forces the web app to download the entire list every time the form loads.  The ideal solution is dynamic lists. This is still in the works for the web app, but it is planned for the next update.

0 Kudos
MichaelBrown4
New Contributor III

Awesome, thank you for the note on this.  I've been eagerly awaiting using the feature layer for dynamic lists.  I have many forms that are "identical" across many projects in a program I lead and we have to manually manage the pick lists for each form individually.  Many times, the different forms have the same pick list (i.e. people's names) and when a new list item is added/removed/modified, it's a lot of re-publishing and coordination...inherently creating quality issues as things can get missed or incorrectly executed.

My hope is to have a feature layer(s) where we can store all the list values, have a Survey123 form that manages said values, and ultimately have our forms read dynamically from that.  Then our users can manage what values show in their choice lists themselves and we can use filters/queries on the feature layer to align to the appropriate project.

Can't wait for May!

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @IsmaelChivite  and @BrettStokes . Can you tell me when the use of select_one_from_file in the web browser will be supported? 

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW   @MichaelBrown4  select_from_file and linked content is now implemented in the web app. Make sure you publish your survey with Survey123 Connect 3.15 or newer. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @IsmaelChivite but I published with v3.15.178 and have the same issue....

ahargreaves_FW_0-1666297682282.png

ahargreaves_FW_1-1666297735099.png

ahargreaves_FW_2-1666298078557.png

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW  Please share XLSForm with the corresponding CSV

0 Kudos