Select to view content in your preferred language

Pulldata and Geopoint

yesterday
Ethiopia
New Contributor III

I’m using Survey123 with a pulldata function to automatically populate a parcel geocoder text attribute based on an ArcGIS Online parcel polygon. If the geopoint intersects with the polygon, the geocoder text field is filled in. If not, users can manually search and populate the parcel information.

However, I’m experiencing inconsistent behavior with desktop browsers. The parcel text box sometimes populates correctly, but other times it remains blank, even though an embedded link (based on a concatenated parcel ID text box value and website address) appears correctly. This issue does not occur on mobile browsers where the form works as expected.

Initially, I tried using a CSV file for parcel info, but it was slow and cumbersome on mobile. I need an automatic way to fill out parcel information to minimize errors, and ensure that if the map isn’t used, the parcel data remains searchable.

Any advice on resolving these desktop inconsistencies?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ethiopia
New Contributor III

So the issue was with the zoom level set on the preview map on survey123 connect. I set the zoom level similar to the one to the required zoom level for placing the point.

0 Kudos
Ethiopia
New Contributor III

Also forgot to mention I have an address geocoder that a map was pulling lat and long(Ik why some many locators, well with the current system, this what I came up with 😕) . I did end up breaking down the concat into different decimal fields based on Ismael tutorial. the best 🙂 . fixed most of the issue but the primary and detailed map zoom level fixed a bunch more. Don't ask why😔. I am not sure if this is the solution for everyone. But hey if you run into similar issues try this. 

0 Kudos