Select to view content in your preferred language

Pull data attribute values and compare with input

Jump to solution
6 hours ago
KennethLindhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I have the most of my pull data to work, but what I can't seem to figure out is to search through the table and get the value.

So I need the survey to block for input, if the parcel has already been surveyed, but I'm not storing any parcel geometries in the surveys feature layer.

So my idea was to create an ID field created from the parcel data. I enter a parcel and using pull data to retrieve the ID, that ID is stored in the Surveys feature service.

If a survey is submitter, it will then include the Parcel ID.

If I in a week walk into the same parcel, I will get the same ID from my parcel feature service, but since it's now also stored in the feature of the survey, I can then remind the user to use the inbox and edit, instead of trying adding 2 surveys in the same parcel.

I can't seem to get there though.

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, maybe there's also another solution or a more standard way of doing this. The goal is to never be able to create a second survey within a parcel, but being forced to edit existing using repeats.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KennethLindhardt1

Oh, I did a typo, and that's why I couldn't get it to work. Sometimes delete everything and start over 😕

So it is actually working fine, I just needed tot spell the attribute correctly.

pulldata("@layer","getValue","attributes.THE_ATTRIBUTE_FIELDNAME_I_WANT_ASWERED","https://myserviceURL",concat("THE_ATTRIBUTENAME_THAT_SEARCHES_IN_THE_TABLE='",${survey123Question},"'"))

No issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tamburo

Yeah that's exactly where I'm coming from in my thinking. Sometimes you desire the flexibility of a class that can be thrown into a bag of classes on a whim and sometimes you desire something more strict that is embedded into the structure of your app. For me, the data attributes allow you to be more structured than a class list, and that's useful.

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt1

Oh, I did a typo, and that's why I couldn't get it to work. Sometimes delete everything and start over 😕

So it is actually working fine, I just needed tot spell the attribute correctly.

pulldata("@layer","getValue","attributes.THE_ATTRIBUTE_FIELDNAME_I_WANT_ASWERED","https://myserviceURL",concat("THE_ATTRIBUTENAME_THAT_SEARCHES_IN_THE_TABLE='",${survey123Question},"'"))

No issue.

0 Kudos