Problem launching survey 123 app from Workforce

10-31-2020 08:55 PM
OladapoSatiregun
New Contributor

I am having a problem opening the survey 123 app from workforce. 

My workforce project has the survey 123 as an integration for field data collection but every time I tried to open the survey at assignment from Workforce it direct me to Safari on IOS with the error message "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server"

On android I was provided with a prompt to select either chrome or survey 123 app. 

Is this a problem with my form or the IOS? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CaseyRandolph
New Contributor II

I also experienced this issue today. I have been rolling out a new process that uses Workforce with Survey123 integration on iOS over the past 2 months. I have setup and trained on 30+ iPads with no issues. Then today, 3 out of the 5 iPads I setup kept trying to open Safari instead of Survey123 app. 2 of the iPads opened up Survey123 app just fine. All 5 iPads were on the same iOS version (14.0), Workforce version (20.1.1) and Survey123 version (3.11.164). I am completely baffled as to how to fix the issue. I removed both apps and did a hard reset. Reinstalled both apps. Still experienced the same issue. I reformatted one iPad completely and still experienced the same issue. I feel like I am out of options to try.

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Oladapo and Casey,

We have made a change on our end, and this issue should be resolved now. You may need to update or reinstall the Survey123 app for the change to take effect.

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos
CaseyRandolph
New Contributor II

I can confirm the app is now working on my iPads. Thanks, Barbara!

0 Kudos
OladapoSatiregun
New Contributor

Thanks Barbara for the update.

The modification works and I am able to launch the survey 123 application on IOS.

0 Kudos