Power Automate - no dynamic content

05-04-2023 08:34 AM
Kim_Graham
New Contributor III

Hello, I have a flow to add a new survey response to an excel table that still works, but I can no longer edit the Flow with dynamic content.  I cannot create a new flow using this survey.  It appears it may be related to having a map question in the survey as surveys without maps show dynamic content, however, I was able to configure the survey with the map in there originally.  

Is this a bug and if so, will it be fixed?  Is there a work around in the meantime to get dynamic content from a survey with a choose your location question?  

5 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

Is this for AGO or Enterprise? For Enterprise, this should not be related to the map question (I have numerous surveys with all question types in Power Automate that work properly). If this is for AGO, then there may be an issue with the new custom connectors.

The things that immediatly come to mind:

• Permissions changed for the survey. Ensure that the survey is shared with the appropriate people/groups
  • Enterprise: Something changed with your connection. In Power Automate, go to Data > Connections > find you S123 connection > Click the ellipses (...) > click Switch account > log back in
0 Kudos
SusanHmel__DOIT_
New Contributor II

Where is your survey created - through Survey123 Connect or the webpage designer?

We ran into this issue with Power Automate and Survey123 forms authored in Survey123 in ArcGIS Online.

Survey123 forms authored with Survey123 Connect did not have this issue for us and could generate dynamic content. We reached out to ask about this and found that it is currently a bug:

BUG-000115734

Synopsis: Adding workflow automation such as Microsoft Flow and Integromat as WebHooks to surveys created in the Survey123 for ArcGIS website do not recognize the field or choice names designed in the survey

BUG-000133012
Automated emails generated using Microsoft Power Automate do not retain choice labels within multiple-choice questions in ArcGIS Survey123.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ahhh. Thanks for the info! Honestly, I always forget that the web-based forms exist.

0 Kudos
Kim_Graham
New Contributor III

Hi Susan, yes, it was created in the webpage designer.  Thank you for letting me know about the bug!  I have found we can remove the map question, configure the dynamic content, add the map back, and the flow works as expected.  It's not ideal, but it can work.  

cnw_ivesleung
New Contributor III

I am also having the same issue when building new flows but the workaround that worked for me was that I hovered my cursor to a dynamic content of an older flow so it shows an expression (e.g. triggerBody()?['feature']?['result']?['objectId']) - Pic below. So I entered that expression in a similar format and run the flow, the expression turns into dynamic content.

cnw_ivesleung_0-1685038137574.png

So if you know which attributes to pull, you can give this a try.

Ives