Select to view content in your preferred language

Power Automate Create PDF Report-Time Changing

4 weeks ago
PTOOffice
New Contributor II

I am using Power Automate to create a PDF report from Survey123.  When using this feature it is changing the time field in my PDF report.  It is adding 4 hours.  When I manually export from Survey123, the time field is correct.  Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

It isn't changing the time, it is reporting in UTC.

Press "Show advanced options" and use this:

abureaux_0-1720719661117.png

You will need to collect UTC offset in your survey and pass that into this field. That will automatically correct the times.

Alternatively, you can correct times in the Feature Report. You still need to collect UTC offset in the feature report, and it is a lot more involved. I recommend the first approach.

(NOTE: If you only have a single timezone, you can hard-code this value. I work across several time zones, so that isn't an option for me)

PTOOffice
New Contributor II

Thank you for the above response.  I am working in the Create Report and my screen looks a little different.  I put in my time field from the survey under UTC offset and the time didn't change.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

What is the result of the field you are feeding into the UTC field? What I mean by that is:

1. Open any successful run of this flow
  2. Expand the "When a survey response is submitted" step (I'm assuming that's your first step)
  3. Search json under "OUTPUTS" for your specific field and look at that that field's value.

For example, here is mine:

abureaux_0-1722265655307.png

The format of this text is very important. If you don't have the correct format, it won't work properly.

0 Kudos