Select to view content in your preferred language

Populating Data from a Polygon / Geofence

Jump to solution
04-03-2023 07:54 AM
JordanHolt
New Contributor III

Good Morning,

I am looking to create polygon layers at several intersections across a city with intersection data. This would include cross streets & intersection ID. I will have field users adding new data through Survey123 to create surveys for all structures in each intersection. To save them time I was hoping to be able to pull data from a polygon I create around each intersection before the field techs start their work. Each new record they create would prepopulate the intersection ID and cross streets. There is a potential of 15-20 surveys per intersection so this will save them a lot of time. How do I get the data to populate form the polygon layer when each new survey is created?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Jordan,

You need to publish a feature service of the polygon layer in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS and enable editing for the feature service.

Then, in the Survey123 form, create two hidden questions to store the intersection ID and cross streets data. Use the calculation feature to populate these questions with the data from the polygon layer based on the current GPS location of the user's device.

You can use the pulldata() function in the calculation column of the hidden questions to retrieve data from the polygon layer.

Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: pulldata("@layer") - Esri Community

Similarly, you can retrieve the cross streets data and populate the relevant hidden question using the pulldata() function.

I hope this helps

Omar 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JordanHolt
New Contributor III

Also I am using Survey123 Connect

0 Kudos
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Jordan,

You need to publish a feature service of the polygon layer in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS and enable editing for the feature service.

Then, in the Survey123 form, create two hidden questions to store the intersection ID and cross streets data. Use the calculation feature to populate these questions with the data from the polygon layer based on the current GPS location of the user's device.

You can use the pulldata() function in the calculation column of the hidden questions to retrieve data from the polygon layer.

Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: pulldata("@layer") - Esri Community

Similarly, you can retrieve the cross streets data and populate the relevant hidden question using the pulldata() function.

I hope this helps

Omar 

bsklaohfl
New Contributor III

Hi Omar,

Does the feature service need to be public?

0 Kudos