Select to view content in your preferred language

Populating an annotate base image from a previous response

Jump to solution
11-04-2022 09:03 AM
MattEdrich
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am designing a survey for field inspections of structural assets. I need to track modifications made to structures and intend to do so using annotate and draw images. There are three different general areas that can all have modifications, and each general area has a number of possible standard configurations that the original structural members can be in. If, on an inspection, a technician comes across a section of the structure that has one (or more) modifications to it, I want them to be able to answer two questions (select_multiple: which zone is the addition in and select_one: which configuration is the zone in) that will determine which media image/images they are presented with as the base image for the annotate question in which they will map out exactly where the modification in that section and zone is.

I understand how to use the relevant field in Survey123 Connect to focus the annotate images, but I want to know if it is possible to have a media image load conditionally, based on the technician's answer to the above select one question, as there are approximately 50 possible configurations to choose from. 

Is this possible? If so, can anyone instruct me on the best way to accomplish this? 

Below is the survey chunk in question that I am working on, for context.

Thank you all!

begin groupmember_add_s<h2>Member Addition</h2>  compact                                 
integeraddition_sectionCurrent section number:  numbers                                 
select_multiple bracing_zonesaddition_zoneWhich bracing zone is the addition in?If there are additions to multiple bracing zones, select all that apply. horizontal-compact                                 
select_one face_bracingsaddition_faceWhich configuration?  autocomplete       selected(${addition_zone},'face')                         
select_one diag_bracingsaddition_diagWhich configuration?  autocomplete       selected(${addition_zone},'diag')                         
select_one interior_bracingsaddition_interiorWhich configuration?  autocomplete       selected(${addition_zone},'interior')                         
imageaddition_diagram_faceDraw in the member additions in this section's face bracing:<b>Make sure you are using <font color='red'>red!!</font></b> annotate                                 
imageaddition_diagram_diagDraw in the member additions in this section's diagonal bracing:<b>Make sure you are using <font color='red'>red!!</font></b> annotate                                 
imageaddition_diagram_interiorDraw in the member additions in this section horizontal bracing:<b>Make sure you are using <font color='red'>red!!</font></b> annotate                                 

end groupmember_add_e                                     
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Check the Images and Annotation sample in Connect.

IsmaelChivite_0-1667596090038.png

At the bottom of page 1, it shows how you can dynamically set the background image for the annotate question. 

If you want people to ALWAYS annotate using red color, check this blog too: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/custom-palettes-for-image-annotation-in-survey12... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Check the Images and Annotation sample in Connect.

IsmaelChivite_0-1667596090038.png

At the bottom of page 1, it shows how you can dynamically set the background image for the annotate question. 

If you want people to ALWAYS annotate using red color, check this blog too: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/custom-palettes-for-image-annotation-in-survey12... 

MattEdrich
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for pointing me here!

0 Kudos