Select to view content in your preferred language

Polygon Size Constraint Survey123

Jump to solution
12-21-2020 10:53 AM
SarahSchwarzer1
Emerging Contributor

I'm building a survey that requires an Area of Interest Polygon be drawn, and I am trying to make it so the form can't be submitted unless the polygon is between 0 and 10 acres.

I've got the acre conversion, and I've got the calculation evaluating the size of the polygon, but I'm not sure how to DO something with that result.

${request_area_acres}<10 and ${request_area_acres} > 0

The statement evaluates to true or false as expected, but adding the constraint "TRUE" to the field and making it required does not work. I'm also not able to make the "TRUE" constraint lowercase, but I'm hoping that doesn't matter.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SarahSchwarzer1 perhaps the following constraint expression might work? In a constraint you can use a period (.) to refer to the current question's input. You could also make the geoshape question required, so the user must specify an area.

.>0 and .<10

Jim-Moore_0-1608597981100.png

More on constraints here.

Hope this helps,

Best

Jim

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SarahSchwarzer1 perhaps the following constraint expression might work? In a constraint you can use a period (.) to refer to the current question's input. You could also make the geoshape question required, so the user must specify an area.

.>0 and .<10

Jim-Moore_0-1608597981100.png

More on constraints here.

Hope this helps,

Best

Jim