Patient data collection

Jump to solution
04-05-2018 02:20 PM
JumaKhudonazarov
Occasional Contributor

I am planning to use the survey123 for patient data collection. How  I can put additional level of security for data protection?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Juma

By default the feature service that you submit your survey to is secured by token access. However the local data on the device is not secured and nor is the access token used to gain access to the service. Is this what you are referring to?

We have enhancement requests open to secure/encrypt data and access tokens on the device - but for the time being we recommend the use of a mobile device management system (MDM). This could amongst other things, wipe the device if it was lost.

Thanks 

John

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Juma

By default the feature service that you submit your survey to is secured by token access. However the local data on the device is not secured and nor is the access token used to gain access to the service. Is this what you are referring to?

We have enhancement requests open to secure/encrypt data and access tokens on the device - but for the time being we recommend the use of a mobile device management system (MDM). This could amongst other things, wipe the device if it was lost.

Thanks 

John

JumaKhudonazarov
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

Thanks  this is helpful. Is there  any more information on MDM I can  have a look in details ?

Best regards,

juma

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is some general information on MDMs:

Mobile device management - Wikipedia 

And here is a list of providers:

https://solutionsreview.com/mobile-device-management/mdm-buyers-guide-directory/ 

Thanks

John

JumaKhudonazarov
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

please help. I cant  see my location and the message on map says"position source access error". How I can correct this?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Juma

1) Can you confirm that your location appears in Collector or another mapping application?

2) What model of phone are you using?

3) Are you using the internal GPS or an external receiver?

Thanks

John