Opening up a viewer in a link in Survey123 to the location in the Survey123 field app

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Hello - I'm using the Survey123 field app, which enables users to identify shoreline structures. Within the Survey123 field app, a link is provided that opens a separate ESRI viewer displaying a map with extra layers of information. Is there a method to enable Survey123 field app users, who have the app open at a specific location, to automatically open the link to the ESRI map viewer centered on their current location?  

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ok then help page tells you how using find.  Just use pulldata for the lat long then make the URL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out this page to construct the URL.  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/use-url-parameters.htm#:~:text=The%20URL%20always%....

Down in the Find a location or feature to open the map section it says you can do find then a lat long.  You could use pulldata in 123 to get the lat long then form the URL.

This assumes to open a web browser but you did not really say how.  Field Maps I think can take something similar.  Not sure what you mean by ESRI map viewer?

Hope that works

0 Kudos
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I would like the user to open a link to a web browser that opens an ESRI web map application and have that map open centered on the same location the user is at in the Field Map app map. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ok then help page tells you how using find.  Just use pulldata for the lat long then make the URL.

0 Kudos