one to many relationships in Survey123 form

06-22-2017 01:36 PM
DavidHume
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to create a Survey123 form which enables the user to capture overarching information about a 'site', surveyor name, weather, etc. and then has numerous 'observations' within the site with each observation inheriting the overarching information. This would be a one (site) to many (observations) relationship.

Does anyone know if this can be done in Survey123 and what needs to be done to allow this functionality? If anyone has any examples or can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

I'm new to Survey123, having been a long time ArcPad user, so if I've not been clear or this is already covered in other posts then I'd welcome your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

David.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DougHaller1
New Contributor III

Thanks James.

I downloaded 123 Connect and have begun learning to create repeats, skips, and groups in xlsforms. I have not had success (yet) with the xlsform despite reviewing the xlsform.org resources on how to write skips/repeats, etc.

Looking forward to the new release.

Doug

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

A few resources:

- Survey123 Documentation: Repeats—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

- The following sample forms might help- they can be created via the 'Create New...' dialog from the 'Samples' or 'Community' section:

- Repeat Aggregate (Samples)

- Relevant Expressions (Samples)

- Arrest Form (Community)

- Daily Fishing Log (Community)

DougHaller1
New Contributor III

Thanks James.

My source for xlsforms was: XLSForm.org

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

XLSForm.org is the correct site for the full specification, though it's a little slim on examples at times.  Note that Survey123 does not yet completely implement it; also, we try to be more explanatory in our documentation.