Offline maps with mobile map packages

09-01-2022 01:17 AM
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

I followed the steps from the UC 2022 session "ArcGIS Survey123: Smart Forms for Field Data Collection" to create a mobile map package. Linking it and downloading worked fine on several devices. However, when I try to access it in the survey, it doesn't show the feature layers in the app on Android devices (just the basemap). On Apple devices, the app crashes as soon as I try to open the mmpk in the survey (tried this on several devices). Has anyone experienced something similar or heard anything about this?

6 Replies
IlkaIllers1

Quick update: sometimes the android devices show the feature layers, however, this is inconsistent and they disappear again on the next try. 

0 Kudos
IlkaIllers1

Also, the mobile map package works fine in field maps on all devices. 

0 Kudos
LayerItOn
New Contributor III

Any update on this? 

0 Kudos
EricaNova
Occasional Contributor

I'm having a similar issue with Quick Capture. My features are showing up but the app crashes in offline mode consistently.

0 Kudos
IlkaIllers1

I haven't experienced this in a while. If I remember correctly, the issues disappeared after both the OS and the app was updated. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
EricaNova
Occasional Contributor

@IlkaIllers1; I did some testing and it looks like my organization's base map is the culprit. We're doing some testing to figure it out.

0 Kudos