Select to view content in your preferred language

Nested Repeats in Web Form

11-27-2023 12:51 PM
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Are there plans to allow nested repeats in the web version of Survey123?  If not, what work arounds would you suggest?

Backstory:  I am creating a workflow for collecting and editing riparian and range data.  My field users need to be able to update data they collect in the field.   An experience Builder app with a Survey widget looks like a great option; however, our form uses some nested repeats.

desired_workflow.png

The users walk transects while repeatedly recording measurements which get averaged.  

nested_repeat_example.png

Right now users have the option of recording multiple transects on one form.  If I remove the repeats the users will need to collect 1 transect per survey, and they will need to fill in the administrative portion of the form again.

admin_info.png

Any input is appreciated!

5 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a app for windows that you could install.  May help?

0 Kudos
BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Hi Doug.  Thanks!  I am super restricted on what apps I can install on my computer, but what app are you thinking of?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It works just like the field apps but its for windows.  That way you can use the nested repeats.  You do not need to be an admin to install it.  Just an idea.  Could be a pain having to lookup from the inbox but it could work for QA.  Sometimes we edit in the attribute table since the domains are there but its tricky with calcs.  You could also create a new Web Map form (like Field Maps Designer but for the map vs the apps) that restricts the editing as well and it could have calcs.  So using 2 different form builders.  It can work slick though.

BethanyCrenshaw1
New Contributor III

Nice! Yes, installing the windows field app version of Survey123 could definitely work.  I hadn't thought of that.  If I put in the right Inbox filters and have a good instance_name it might work out great.

MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

If installing Survey123 windows app is not an option, what other options are there to do this in a web interface.

I currently have an external facing form, and the same form is tied to an internal version of the form.  So the inbox option would not work for this survey, since essentially I have two "views" of the survey

0 Kudos