Nested repeat issue

10-02-2018 11:08 AM
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

I am trying to use nested repeat as follows:

the first repeats contains the names of different areas and the nested one contains additional information about the area. 

First repeat

Name:area1

Nested repeat

Five records entered in this repeat

Name:area2

Here is the problem which is that it should reset the number of records and starts from record 1 but unfortunately it continues as record 6.

is there any solution???

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Oussama,

Can you confirm the version of Survey123 you are using?  Also, can you share the XLS form?

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

I am using Survey 123 for ArcGIS version 3.0149. find attached the excel sheet.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Thanks Oussama,

I'm not quite seeing the error that you described, but I am seeing that the after the first repeat, the form creates  an equal number of nested repeat entries as was first entered (though the count restarts at 1).  Additionally, I can also see that calculations are not being triggered in the first repeat.  These are both issues that we are investigating to fix in Survey123.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

yes after the first repeat the form creates an equal number of nested entries as was first entered but the count doesn't start from 1 for the second nested repeat. Is there any exact date to fix it?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Oussama,

We do not have an exact date, though this is a high priority for us to fix.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

A fix for the repeat issue is now available on EAC: Welcome to our Feedback Community 

Please download the release candidate and test your survey.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

How can I download this update?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Please sign up to the Early adopter community here: Welcome to our Feedback Community 

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I have a form in survey 123 which contains 1000 record. I would like to add a repeating table to that form. Publishing the form will delete all the previous records. Is there anyway to add repeating tabling to the form without loosing any previous data .

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos