Select to view content in your preferred language

Need Help Filling Repeat (pulldata)

10-23-2023 08:08 AM
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I have an issue with data collection.

The set-up:

• I have two repeats: A and B.
  • Users fill in repeat A on day 1 and they can add hundreds of items to repeat A.
  • On day 100, they return and collect all the items in repeat B (manually scrolling through repeat A is nearly impossible, so letting them collect in any order via a new repeat is best). Repeat B uses pulldata to extract information from repeat A on these items, essentially filling in the blanks (e.g., deploy date, sensor type, etc.)

Issue:

My issue is some items may go missing, meaning my users now have an incomplete repeat B (total items in repeat A should equal repeat B). Having them search through repeat A, field notes, or even a custom list in Survey123 is very impractical. They essentially would have to cross-reference hundreds of samples to find the missing one(s).

I thought that instead I would put a pulldata into repeat A, so after an item was scanned and logged in repeat B, the pickup information would be dumped into repeat A. In principal, this works perfectly. My issue is that pulldata in repeat A only works once. After that, the user needs to manually go to repeat A and tab through every single page. Telling my users to sit there and hit "next" several hundred times wouldn't go over well, so that wont work.

Is there JS or something that could do this operation for me? Either force the data from repeat B back into repeat A, or even "refresh" repeat A to Survey123 just does the calculates on its own?

0 Kudos
0 Replies