Need a default answer to equal answer to previous question in survey

Jump to solution
05-03-2022 07:31 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am working on a survey where I have asked the user to enter which transect they are working on. Then I begin a repeat so they can enter all the recurring info for that transect. Within this repeat I want there to be a a hidden field that will record the transect number they chose earlier. Once they are done with Transect 1 they will move to Transect 2. This will start the repeat again and I want the hidden field to record that they are now on Transect 2.

Can someone please help with how I can approach this type of question? I'm very new to Survey123 so this is likely simpler than I think it is! Thank you!

survey crop.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can just create a hidden or calculate type field and then use a calculation of ${FieldOutsideRepeat}.  Just note the field name cannot be the same.  Use this a lot to have keys in all repeats.

We use one form per transect since the form is so massive.  And it was made before nested repeats.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can just create a hidden or calculate type field and then use a calculation of ${FieldOutsideRepeat}.  Just note the field name cannot be the same.  Use this a lot to have keys in all repeats.

We use one form per transect since the form is so massive.  And it was made before nested repeats.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! The solution was so much easier than I expected! I ended up using ${LIF2} in the calculation column and it populated it! Thank you!