Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple Layers Appearing?

03-22-2024 09:38 AM
RHammers
Occasional Contributor

Hello! Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing that is causing my survey to end up with multiple feature layers? I'm building a dashboard and am expecting just one layer, but there are many. This concerns me because I am not certain that all my survey submissions are present in the layer that I select. Thanks for any input!

Selecting the layer in dashboard:

RHammers_0-1711125495570.png

Contents of ArcGIS Online:

RHammers_0-1711125671065.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Looks like you have an issue from publishing/republishing the survey.

Did you move the survey form and layer outside of its folder? That can cause issues.

You can identify which one is the legitimate layer by clicking on the form item, then the target layer identified on its item details page. Note the itemid in the URL. The other two layers can probably be deleted, though back them up first.

0 Kudos
RHammers
Occasional Contributor

I do republish quite frequently while I'm working on a project. Thanks for that insight, I will delete the extras.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad it helped. Make sure to keep the form, layer and any views created by Survey123 in the folder created by Survey123 (Survey123-SurveyName). Don't rename these files or folder. If you change ownership, create a folder of the same name in the new owners content.

Republishing should not create a new layer so I think something has gone wrong in your workflows... the above might help. Also maybe not spamming publish, refresh, or working in multiple tabs? Unlikely 

0 Kudos
RHammers
Occasional Contributor

I end up publishing repeatedly because I'm often trying to put together a dashboard with a function that I haven't done before, so I need to test it. Is there a better way to do so?

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

I haven't had issues with republishing personally, but from my experience in tech support, am guessing it could be related to the reasons I identified earlier. The folder/filenaming is the most likely.

0 Kudos