Multiple geopoint questions

Jump to solution
04-18-2018 11:48 AM
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

The survey I am creating requires 3 geopoint questions (collecting Lat/Long) of Location of Incident, Beginning point and Ending point of Discharge. I know you can use a repeat for multiple geopoint of the same question. What would be the recommended approach for this issue? A clunky way is wording the question, "Geolocate: Incident/Beginning/Ending point" and have a text entry to describe each geopoint. Can you use conditions and relevant inside the repeat group? Also, originally requested to have select one choices of N/A, Same as Location of Incident, add Geopoint for beginning and ending points, which is easy to do with multiple geopoints. Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Aldous,

As you say, this could be done via repeat, with a dropdown to designate which point is which.  Another alternative would be to have 3 geopoint questions in the form with no repeats, setting the last 2 geopoint questions to null and recording the lat/long of points via pulldata functions - see The Power of Nothing for an example with 2 points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Aldous,

As you say, this could be done via repeat, with a dropdown to designate which point is which.  Another alternative would be to have 3 geopoint questions in the form with no repeats, setting the last 2 geopoint questions to null and recording the lat/long of points via pulldata functions - see The Power of Nothing for an example with 2 points.

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

Thanks James, I'll try the later since I already have the geopoints created.

0 Kudos