Multi-Select coded values

03-20-2018 01:06 PM
ACCDVermont
New Contributor II

Hi,

Using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS Version 2.6.4.  I have several Select_Multiple field types which associated choices.  The survey works great however when i look at the data the code values are being displayed not the user friendly values.  Is there a step that I am missing. the Select_one field types work as expected.  For example in my choice list there is the following:

list_name   name                              label

style         ArtDeco                              Art Deco

style         ArtNouveau                        Art Nouveau

style         ClassicalRevivalNeo          Classical Revival: Neo Classical

What was expected was the label value would appear to user versus the name value.  Any ideas on how I can get the user friendly value to appear.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

This is the expected behaviour with select_multiple question types. Because the values are stored as a comma separated list in a single text field, the labels can not be displayed in a webmap pop up, as there is not a one to one relationship between the values in the field, and the coded value and label created when the survey was published. This works with select_one questions as there is only a single value in the text field that matches the choice list and hence label.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ACCDVermont
New Contributor II

Well this is show stopper for multi-selects.  thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

I can recommend you to read this blog: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/12/18/use-arcade-to-improve-survey123-other-an... 

The solution proposed is for solving another problem for pop-up in ArcGIS Online viewer, but the logic can be applied to whatever need.

Cheers

Stefano