Hiding Sensitive Content from Public View

Jump to solution
03-18-2018 12:41 AM
KabeloLetshwiti
New Contributor

Hi community

Would you be able to help me control the visible information shared from a survey when shared by everyone (the public). At the moment sensitive and irrelevant results are shared with the public such as telephone numbers (sensitive). 

I have switched them off in the "analyse / set visibility" and removed them from the "data/report beta template". But when I view from the "Survey Results Link", these fields remain visible. 

Is there any other place I should switch off these fields? 

Thanks - David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KabeloLetshwiti
New Contributor

Hi Gents

Thanks for the suggestions. They definitely made me look at different ways to solve the problem. I think you both assume too much ability on my part. The solution for me was to go to ArcGIS online, load my file from the web, then in the file go to More options>Set view definition>Define fields, switch off those not to be viewed and then resave the file. When viewed from the survey results, the "off" fields indicate that these data are not available.

Again, many thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kabelo,

If you are sharing the survey results and want to restrict the fields, you will need to modify the _stakeholder view of the data to remove the fields.  See Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS for more information.

SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Maybe a simpler way is to set a View for the hosted feature layer (Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ), where you can hide all fields with sensitive content and insert in your pubblic map: Define fields, features, or an area of interest for hosted feature layer views

Cheers

Stefano

0 Kudos
KabeloLetshwiti
New Contributor

Hi Gents

Thanks for the suggestions. They definitely made me look at different ways to solve the problem. I think you both assume too much ability on my part. The solution for me was to go to ArcGIS online, load my file from the web, then in the file go to More options>Set view definition>Define fields, switch off those not to be viewed and then resave the file. When viewed from the survey results, the "off" fields indicate that these data are not available.

Again, many thanks

0 Kudos