Multi-line text boxes not working correctly with ios 13

11-05-2019 03:15 PM
DavidVogel3
New Contributor

We are currently using Survey123 with ios(iPadOS) 13, and we are experiencing erratic behavior when entering text in to a multi-line textbox.  The cursor will jump around while enter, and the textbox appears to lose focus.  This is happening on two completely different iPads, and both are updated to 3.6.157.  I saw Survey was updated to 3.6.158, and will give that a try even though it does not mention anything about this behavior.  Right now we are having the users enter text in notes and copy and paste it back into that field.  Both of these iPads behaved normally until they were updated to ios 13.  Any idea if this is being addressed in the near future?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David,

Can you confirm what version of iOS 13 the iPads are running, 13.0.X, 13.1.X or 13.2.X?

We saw similar issues with iPhones and iPads with 13.0 and 13.1, but the issue appears to be resolved with 13.2.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DavidVogel3
New Contributor

I just confirmed, one of the iPads in question is running 13.2 and still having the problem.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David,

Have you tested with the latest Survey123 version 3.6.158 on those same devices having the issue?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DavidVogel3
New Contributor

Yes, iOS 13.2 and Survey123 3.6.158, and still having issues.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for confirming. Do you know what version iPads they are so we can try and reproduce, as have not been seeing that type of issue with our similar test devices. Can you take a screenshot or video recording of the issue?

Phil.

0 Kudos
cws_bakerr
New Contributor II

Hi, 

Have there been any updates on this issue? My users have been running into a similar error of the cursor 'jumping' around when trying to enter notes in a multiline box. I was able to replicate the error on our iPads with iOS 13.1 and 13.3.1 but not on an iPad with iOS 12.1.1. All tests were done with Survey123 3.7.57 installed. 

Thanks,

Robin

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robin,

We are still looking into this issue.  If you can, could I ask that you file a case with Esri Support regarding this (it looks they haven't had it reported yet); that will generate a BUG number that can be used to track this issue.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates on this? Did someone file a bug? We are experiencing the same issue James Tedrick‌ - ios and survey123 are both up to date

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brita,

We do not yet have an Esri Support BUG generated in the system.  The likely cause of this issue has been identified and hopefully it can be addressed for the next Survey123 release.

0 Kudos