Select to view content in your preferred language

Modifying Coordinates in Survey123

08-23-2018 07:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The company I am working for is using Survey123 to inspect and take inventory of buildings that we own across the state. Because we are using the mobile app on our cell phones to collect the data in the field, and we are located in West Virginia, there are times that we have little to no service at the inspection site. Because of this, we will get a variance of up to +/-40 meters on our GPS locations at times. This throws of the accuracy off the map that we are hoping to use as a tool for others in the company to locate these buildings. My question is this, can the latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates be manipulated in any way like the text boxes, drop down boxes, and photo attachments in the survey after they have been sent? (i.e. drag and drop the marker or simply type in the correct location)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Benjamin,

There are many ways to alter the location of your geopoint after the survey has been sent.  If looking to do so within the field app, using the same device which it was collected from, you can re-open the survey from the 'Sent' folder.  When using v.3.0 of the field app, you then have the ability to click on the geopoint question, and enter coordinates into the search bar.  In addition, you should be able to move the 'pin' to the desired location and re-send the survey again.  This will then update the record within the feature service with the altered location.

Another method, would be to utilize the 'Inbox'.  More information can be found here...

Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

If you are looking to edit the location outside of the Survey123 field app, you can do so just like any other hosted dataset, by using ArcGIS Online.

Edit features—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

As for improving the accuracy of the initial location captured, you may want to consider using an external receiver along with the Alpha version of Survey123.  This version can be obtained through our Early Adopter Community and has the ability to utilize the GNSS information captured by the receiver

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos