I am trying to build a calculation for a drop down field selection.
User would select well diameter 1, 2, 4
Dependent on the selection the calculations would be the following
(1) Total Depth - Depth to Water * 0.041 * 3
(2) Total Depth - Depth to Water * 0.163 * 3
(3) Total Depth - Depth to Water * 0.653 * 3
Any help would be appreciated.
There are a couple of ways to do this:
1) Store the multiplier values as the name values for your select_one question and then use the question's answer (converting from string to number with the number() function) in the formula
2) Use a series of if() functions to determine the correct multiplier based on the value
See the attached file for examples.