Map preview not available

01-07-2016 09:11 AM
JosephPeters1
Esri Contributor

Has anyone encountered a "Map preview not available" message in a geopoint field when accessing a survey on a mobile device? I'm getting this message on an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air. Location services are enabled and I can still collect a GPS point, but I don't see a map. The same survey works ok on an iPhone 6 Plus. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this message and if anyone has any tips for resolving it. Thanks! PS - this is cool technology!

0 Kudos
15 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Joseph,

yes, this is an issue we have been able to reproduce on iOS. The map control is unable to fetch map tiles from online services. Works fine with offline tpks.  We are looking into it and will try to address as soon as possible.

JosephPeters1
Esri Contributor

Thanks Ismael!

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Joseph,

an update to the Apple store with a fix for the Map Preview Not available issue has been submitted. We expect this update to be approved by Apple in the next few days. We estimate it will be available the week of January 18.

Thanks.

JosephPeters1
Esri Contributor

Well, that was fast! Thanks!

0 Kudos
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor

Hi Ismael, I just re-DL today and still no joy so I assume its still in approval process?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

That is right. Still no approval. We will need to patiently wait for Apple. Sorry for the pain.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue has been addressed.

Please download the latest update of the app from the store. Build 1.2.49

You will also observe performance improvements.

PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

On version 1.2.49 I've just had the problem occur on a newly downloaded survey.

Same map downloaded on a iPhone6S with 1.2.49 doesn't display and also on an older iPad with 1.2.49 also didn't display.

IMG_0095.PNGIMG_0096.PNG

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Peter,

I wonder if you get the Map Preview not Available when the device is offline.  The behavior of the app is to show that message when offline if your Survey has been configured against an online tiled service (which is the default configuration).

If you would like to configure your Survey to display a map while offline, you will first need to create a Map Tile Package in ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro), then upload it to ArcGIS Online or your Portal, and then reference it from your Survey.  For details please see the Prepare basemaps for offline use blog post byMarika Vertzonis​  ,or have a look at this help topic: Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS (Beta) | ArcGIS

I hope this helps.

Ismael

Peter Timmers

0 Kudos