Help resolving Survey123 submission issue, code 1019

08-22-2017 07:16 AM
AndrewKuder
New Contributor

I have field staff trying to submit data collected from a form and they are getting an error code 1019.  When I asked the field crew member he mentioned that he submitted these two items already, went back to edit them and tried to submit them again.  Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Does your form have repeat sections within it? Currently, editing forms with repeat sections is not supported in production Survey123.  This will be addressed in the next version- a beta of the next version is available via the Early Adopter Community and can be used to attempt to submit the data.

AndrewKuder
New Contributor

James,

It does have repeats in it. So do you mean that if I create a form with repeats included, if the field staff makes any edits to that form whilst in the field….they will get this error?

Also he claims to have submitted the original form prior to editing, but I can’t find it. Would the fact that he edited it mean the original was overridden and lost?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

If the field staff revise a form that contains repeats after having previously submit it, this error will occur in the current release.  It should be possible to submit successfully with the version now available in beta.  

The error occurs on the update of a feature (see ArcGIS REST API ) and the request is designed to rollback changes on failure, so there shouldn't be deletion of the original submission.

0 Kudos